It is the Core Belief of the INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF PENTECOSTAL BISHOPS that:
- The Holy Scriptures, in the original tongues, are the inspired and inerrant word of God;
- In one God, eternal and self-existent, Creator and Ruler of the universe, and manifested through the Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
- That Jesus Christ is truly divine and truly human having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary;
- That Jesus Christ died on the cross and shed His blood as a Sacrifice for our sins; He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father;
- That humankind was created in the image of God, but fell into sin causing separation from God;
- That salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ ; and those who repent and believe on Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life and become the children of God;
- That the water baptism identifies us with the death and burial of Christ and that we should arise to walk in the newness of life;
- In the ministry of the Holy Spirit to glorify Christ, to convict, to enable the believer to live a godly life and to empower the Church to carry the gospel into all the world;
- In the personal and visible return of Jesus Christ for His Church;
- In the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and everlasting separation from God of all those who reject Jesus Christ.
- The church is held together by closest of bonds that being the True and Valid Historic Apostolic Succession, transmitted from one minister to another by the Laying on of Hands. No other Orders are valid.
Code of Ethics for Members.
A Bishop shall at all times:
- Be ever conscious of his high and sacred calling.
- Give diligent attention to his soul in prayer and devotion.
- Give adequate time to study in preparation for his preaching ministry.
- Give first place to the responsibility of his ministerial duties.
- Maintain a high moral standard in both his speech and conduct.
- Strive to be decorous in both manners and personal appearance.
- Always conduct his financial and business transactions above reproach.
- Strive to regulate the demeanor of his own home and family with consistency.
- Give adequate consideration to the care of his own physical fitness.
The Bishop shall at all times:
- Accept his Bishopric/Pastorate or calling a sacred obligation and faithfully perform their duties.
- Recognize his responsibility as a spiritual shepherd to all his people and to others who have no shepherd that they can reach and assist.
- Conduct his pastoral and ministerial duties at all times as becoming a Christian person.
- Regard his services and ministry as primary and his remuneration and rewards as secondary.
- Whenever possible refrain from other remunerative occupations that would distract from him obligations to the church and his calling.
- Always consider the confidence of others who have confided in him and must never violate it.
- Seek to ever retain high standard for his church/ministry in the community realizing that his conduct and statements are representatives.
The Bishop shall at all times:
- Be a representative of the International Council of Pentecostal Bishops Inc. and its affiliates, and must seek to hold its good reputation.
- Give diligent regards to the welfare of fellow Bishops and Ministers and withdraw whenever his presence or conduct creates hardship upon others.
- Seek to enhance and not degrade the work of his predecessor or successor.
- Steadfastly keep guard over his jurisdiction and refrain from giving privileges to any questionable persons.
- Become engaged in only those community activities that have to do with his own ministerial duties.
- Practice ministerial courtesy by refraining from any form of interference in the affairs of another church, such as corresponding with members of said church without consent of the resident Pastor.
- Refrain from inviting into his jurisdiction questionable methods of evangelism that would harm the standards of the International Council of Pentecostal Bishops Inc. and its affiliates or cause undue hardship to a neighboring church.
- Only the Chief Prelate/President of ICOPB is allowed to Consecrate Bishops or Ordain Ministers under the banner and Seal of the International Council of Pentecostal Bishops Inc. Canada